Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008
Today James is 2 months old. Now that he is interacting more and starting to understand his routine, I am trying to initiate more of a schedule with him. I need to start logging his ‘typical’ day so that I can get an idea of a pattern and how to get him on a regular schedule.
Today was a little bit different, because James had a doctor’s appointment today. However, he slept great in his crib. He went down around 11:45pm, and didn’t wake up until 6am to eat. Then he fell back asleep from 6:30-9:30am. I woke him up so that he could eat. He ate from about 9:45 until 10:05am and then promptly fell asleep-again! I placed him in his car seat (he stayed asleep, miraculously) and we went to the doctor’s. We ended up being there until 12:15. James woke up when we got there (10:45am), and I played with him while we waited for the nurse. I also changed 2 very heavy wet diapers while we were there.
An hour later, waiting for his shots, he seemed hungry so I fed him from 11:40-12:00.
Then he received his shots and well-baby visit. He is doing great-11 lbs, 11 ounces, and 26 inches long!
He cried when he got his shots, but only for a minute. I was able to get him into his car seat without any problems and we went home. He seemed a little dazed, maybe from the shots.
So we got home around 12:40. I could tell he was really tired, so I placed him in his swing and he slept for about 3 ½ hours. I woke him up around 4:15pm, changed his diaper, and then fed him. After that he wanted to eat every hour-5:20pm, then 6:15pm, then 8pm. He was also getting unusually fussy so we gave him some Tylenol to help in case he was being irritated by the shots. He would sleep but only for a few minutes at a time. When we ate dinner at 6:30pm, I placed him in his play yard and he was awake (but calm) the whole time, so that was good.
We tried to get him to sleep then. Tim rocked him, read him a story and put him down. But alas, a half hour later, he was up again because he was hungry.
At 8pm I was pretty tired, so I asked Tim to hold him so I could take a nap. At 10:30pm he brought him in to me and I nursed him in bed. Unfortunately I got really tired and fell asleep with him. I woke up 3 hours later at 1:30am and oops! He was still in the bed with me. So I got up and put him in his crib. He fussed for a little, but then went back to sleep without any problems. The batteries had died on our monitor so I just prayed that if he cried I would wake up. Thankfully, he did not and slept until 5:30am. That’s another 6 ½ hour stretch!




No comments:
Post a Comment