Friday, September 26, 2008
This morning after I fed James at 6am, I had Tim try to put him back in his crib to sleep (since he had fallen asleep in the bed with me), but he woke up due to a diaper change and Tim stayed with him until he fell asleep again. And amazingly enough, he has been sleeping in his crib up until now, which is 9:30am, so for about 3 hours. The good news is that I’ve been up since 7:45am, so I actually had time to make breakfast, take a shower, get dressed and actually put on makeup. Unbelievable!! At 9:45 I went in to get him and he was already starting to wake up, so it worked out great. I fed him until 10:15, changed his diaper, and then we were on our way to the doctor’s!
At the doctor’s office he received his last shot for his immunizations (he didn’t even have to leave his car seat) and then I decided to take him to Tim’s school since it was right around his lunch time. As luck would have it we were able to eat lunch together and show off the baby to his friends and the office staff. James was awake and smiling almost the whole time. I was so proud! He even sat in on Tim’s choir for a little while and he was having a great time. Tim’s students really oohed and ahhed over him.
After I left his school, on a whim, I decided to call Joy to see if she was at home for lunch…and she was! So I stopped by so she could meet little James. She mentioned how everyone at the D.O. would love to see him, so I asked her if I could feed him at her house and she let me take care of him after she went back to work. I locked up her house 20 minutes later and then went over there. I got to visit pretty much everyone! It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately James started to get fussy, I think because he’d been passed around all day and had spent quite a lot of time in his car seat. Brenda rocked him to sleep and he passed out around 2:30pm. So he was up for nearly 5 hours…I think a record for him during the day!
I ended up leaving around 3:15pm, got home around 3:45pm. It was time to feed James again, so after he ate I put him in his swing. He didn’t really nap, just chilled out for a while. Then he had one big mighty BM so that took a while to clean up. After that we decided to go to Barnes and Noble to pick up some books to read while Tim was on break. It was our first outing with James in his stroller. And he was great the whole time…he was awake, but just looking at everything and being such a good boy.
Around 7pm we got home and I fed him again, then we ate dinner and once again he had one BIG BM. After all that I figured it would be a good time for a bath. So he got a bath, but after I changed him into his jammies he seemed hungry again, so instead of a story, I fed him and then rocked him to sleep. And he was out! I laid him down at 8:30pm in his crib. No binkie or anything. I tell you he must have been exhausted because he didn’t even move. And when I woke up nearly 8 hours later, he was still asleep! Amazing. He wasn’t crying, but I could hear him sucking on his hand and grunting, so I went in and fed him. He was to say the least very grateful! I changed his diaper (and his clothes, as he had drenched his little bottom in the night), and soon enough he was back in dreamland. Unfortunately, now I’m a little too awake! It’s 5am and I can’t go back to sleep. Oh well! That’s what happens when you’re not used to getting this much sleep at one time!




No comments:
Post a Comment